Thursday, November 16, 2006

Looks Like a Pimple



So I just noticed a flesh-colored bump on Ruki's lip. I went onto the Bulldog Domain discussion forum, and it sounds like it's either a pimple or an ingrown hair. Apparently, puppies get acne when they get infections from, maybe dirty food and water dishes, especially ones not of metal.

Well, we wash her metal food dishes regularly, but I think that recently she's been chewing on her crate, and I wonder if that's what caused the infection. I have to remember to wash that down.

Treatment-wise, they recommended just to keep it clean and wash it with "Melesab shampoo diluted (5CC to 1/2 cup warm water in a picnic ketchup bottle)." Hopefully it just goes away on its own!

Update: She just got another pimple on the other side of her face! Oh no!

No comments: