Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bananas, Baby Carrots, and Blueberries

Recently, Ruki's been loving the bananas. I'll have a banana for breakfast and give her two or three bites--not that she'll bite them, but I'll take a bite off for her and make her do some tricks for the treat.

Her only tricks right now are sit, shake, high-five, down, and stay. I'm not sure how much further we can get from here.

So I read up on bananas, and some people think that bananas may constipate dogs. No proof, though. But otherwise they seem fine. Plus she loves them. Everything in moderation, I suppose.

She also loves baby carrots. Sometimes I freeze them, but usually just right out of the fridge. I'm not sure if she really digests them, though. I see the chunks in her poo the next day.

And then dried blueberries. She's a big fan. Problem is they're pretty expensive. So for every 10 or so I have she gets a few. I figure the vitamins and anti-oxidants I get will have the same benefit for her.

No comments: