Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cracked Paws

Recently, Ruki's paws have been cracking. I don't know if it's bad cracking, or just normal cracking. But they seem pretty rough, and I'm worried. We've recently had an ice storm up here, and since people don't shovel their sidewalks in the city, she's been doing a lot of walking on all ice and then lots of salt. I try to clean her paws daily, but they're still cracking.

The past few days I've been putting Bag Balm on her paws, and she's been complying, which perhaps tells me that it's helping... Maybe helping her feel a little better.

I'll let you know if her cracked paws heal after some time with the Bag Balm.

Update (02/22/07): Using the Bag Balm, twice a day for two days pretty much healed the cracked paws. But then I stopped with the Bag Balm treatment, and her paws cracked again. I think I'm going to leave them be and just see if they bother her more. Maybe she has to build up some "paw toughness."

No comments: