Saturday, October 21, 2006

Raising Hell

I have to admit today and yesterday I've fallen a bit off her schedule. I chalk it up to trying to figure out what her "signals" are: whether her barking means she's got to pee, or she's just bored.

Today was the second "false alarm." Off-schedule (11:30 a.m.), she woke up, started whining, and then resorted to some furious barking. I started thinking, "OK, barking means immitent pee-age." So I waited until she stopped, and then swept in and opened the crate door.

She leaned out, and then rested her head on the edge of the crate. No mad stumble to do business. Fooled again.

I think that even at 3-mo and having her on a schedule for almost a week we might have the schedule down. She'll go on schedule and the occasional accidents really are that: accidents.

No comments: